CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSION TO PCS2019
The 34th Picture Coding Symposium (PCS) during November 12-15, 2019 in Ningbo, China, an international forum devoted to advances in visual data coding (www.pcs2019.org), likes to host a series of special sessions. Since 1969, PCS has provided the most exciting forum for the visual coding community from academia and industry.
PCS likes to highlight new and emerging research topics or innovative applications of established approaches by its special sessions. While it is interested in such topics like immersive video coding, AVS3, future video coding, innovative neural network-based coding/processing, block chain and coding, big data and visual data coding, smart driving and visual data coding, etc., but the topics are not limited to them unless they are outside of the scope of PCS.
All papers to the special session will be subject to the same peer review process as for regular papers.
How to submit
Each proposal (no more than 3 pages) must include the following:
- Special Session title and abstract: a brief description of the special session (no more than about 100 words) and its title
- Description: rationale why the proposed topic is novel and time-compelling to PCS and its relevant communities
- Proposed contributors: list of 4~5 proposed papers (title, name of authors)
- Plan how to keep the quality level of the session higher: information on timeliness of the topic, quality/track record of the proposers and authors, coherence of the session, etc.
- Any other relevant information (if any)
Where to submit
The proposal should be submitted in PDF format in email as following:
To: Special Session Chair (Byeungwoo Jeon), firstname.lastname@example.org
cc: TPC Chairs
Zhibo Chen, email@example.com
Mathias Wien, firstname.lastname@example.org
Debargha Mukherjee, email@example.com
|Special session proposal
||April 5, 2019
|Notification of Special Session Acceptance
||April 15, 2019
||June 15, 2019
|Notification of Paper Acceptance
|August 15, 2019
|Submission of camera-ready papers
|September 5, September 1, 2019
The PDF version of the CfSS can be downloaded here.